November 26, 2021
Magnify Your Charitable Gifts - Session 1 of 2
The first in our two part philanthropy webinar series, Marvin J. Schmidt and Founder of Tapestry Philanthropy Partners Lauri Thompson, explore the challenging topics surrounding creating a philanthropic giving strategy. Together, Marvin and Lauri talk about the following questions:
- What is the state of giving in Canada?
- Is the charitable system broken?
- What elements create a strong charitable giving strategy?
- What does research tell us about what major donors want?
- How relevant are charitable overhead costs to high quality charitable work?
- How do I choose a charity when there are so many?
- How can I give to international charities when I can’t see the impact?
- What are the main differences between giving through a private foundation, donor advised funds, or public foundation?
- What are the different ways to give to charity?
- Where to start with creating a giving strategy?
- How to make the most of my charitable gifts?
Managing your Charitable Gifts: session 1
Marvin J. Schmidt and Founder of Tapestry Philanthropy Partners Lauri Thompson, explore the challenging topics surrounding a philanthropic strategy.